Tag Archives: Twitter
This infographic from Finances Online is great. Not exactly telling me anything I didn’t already know, but it’s cool to see the actual stats on it.
Women dominate online. We kind of rule at this whole communicating via the internet thing.
What? Women like communicating? SHOCKER!
This is how you do Twitter. Hands down.
When I followed @drawnyourtweet yesterday morning they were at around 2500 followers, now, as I write this he or she is up to 11.6k!
Everyone wants their tweet drawn. I am no exception (unfortunately they do not take requests)! It plays into our deep desire to be recognized by a stranger, and takes it even further by making something we wrote most likely in about two seconds without a further thought, into art. Brilliant.
Also, the art itself is super cute. This person could make serious money if he started taking requests/making it into a business. I’d request a drawing of Mr. Bojangles. It’s a genius marketing strategy for an artist – similar to Chris Piascik’s Daily Drawings.
Go follow the account, and check out a few of my favourite drawn tweets below.
I think the only people who should have Twitter accounts are comedians. Because it’s all about one-liners. I would love it if Conan O’Brien or Reggie Watts or Stephen Colbert were to walk into a room and tell me one joke and leave. But you don’t want Gore Vidal telling you ‘I’m doing my dishes right now’.
Hello friends! New Years Eve is tomorrow, and if you want to avoid the typical godawful New Years party as described above, I suggest hitting up the El Mocambo or Silver Dollar - great bands, no guidos, no dubstep, normal priced drinks (and free Steamwhistle at midnight Elmo), low cover, lots of good rock music – that’s the way to ring in 2012.
Last year I spent my New Years at the Garrison doing exactly what the above mock poster says – spending too much to get into a packed dance club, waiting in long lines to get a drink/use a bathroom, and being unable to talk to any of my friends over the incredibly lame music (it was a ‘best music from every decade’ dance party which sounded cool but the DJ had a terrible idea of what the “best” music was from every decade so it was just embarrassing). I refuse to ever do that ever again.
Whatever you do, don’t be stupid – be safe, stay close to your friends, do not drive (!!!) as the TTC should be open all night for free as per usual so use it – and lets make 2012 the best year yet. We are another year closer to Rob Ford being out of office, that is something to celebrate if you ask me.
- Everyone’s Mixtape This is cool, upload your own mix! Stream others mixes based on themes.
- If You Have Something to Say About Music, #SayWrd Cool music series happening in Toronto.
- Street Views of Famous Album Covers Love this.
- D.I.Y. Industrial Record Cabinet I kind of want to make this for my records, but I am too lazy.
- WATCH: Why Good Entrepreneurs Borrow, Great Ones Steal A must watch.
- 6 Easy Twitter Hacks for Schmoozing Journalists It’s really not all that hard to get on someones radar if you put in this kind of effort.
- 10 Insanely Inspirational Manifestos This is my favorite link of all the links. So much greatness here.
- How To Prevent Seasonal Mood Disorder Winter is here – every time I look outside my window I see gray and it makes the SAD kick in pretty heavy, so these are good tips. I’m probably going to invest in the lamp. I fucking loathe winter with every fiber of my being, but at least December was mild so we only have 2.5 months of brutal shit to endure. Toronto feels like the north pole outside today. Boo.
- Exclusive Interview with Facebook Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, CEO/Co-Founder and Sheryl Sandberg, COO This is great, they both provide a lot of insight into the direction the tech/social media world is headed and the skills we should be learning now.
- People Who Didn’t Get What They Wanted For Christmas Rarely can I say I actually feel hate towards people, but all of these people are worthy of that word. My god, how vile to be that spoiled and selfish.
- And finally, if you do any online shopping (It’s the only way to shop if you ask me) you will love this video:
Friday links are ready!
- The Darcy’s awesome/terrifying new video showing an end of the world in Toronto situation is on NME.
- Elvis Costello Speaks to His Fans - Not really a fan of his work but going against your label like that takes balls. Awesome.
- Bruce Springsteen to be keynote speaker at next year’s SXSW festival I WANT TO GO TO THERE. I know I’ve had a good year, but seeing this would make 2012 even better than 2011.
- 20 Questions Brought Up By the Grammy Nominations Predictable ‘Who is Bon Iver?’ tumblr already running strong.
- Listen: Rah Rah’s “Parkade” NGHTBLND Remix Totally agree with the write up, saw the word remix and was like “No.” but listened and enjoyed.
- Watch: Lady Gaga’s “Marry The Night” New Gaga vid, it’s 14 mins long and she directed it. What do you think? I generally can’t handle the whole attempt at being Michael Jackson she does with these “short film” videos, but I respect the effort she puts into her work.
- The Flexi: The Next Resurrected Format My boss actually gave me one of these a while back because of my interest in vinyl, I had never even heard of it before, it is super neat.
- R.I.P. Napster - Really, Napster died a looong time ago when they were first taken to court. So it’s been a long time coming.
- What Publicists Need From Musicians Great advice.
- He Who Has The Goals, Makes the Rules - So true.
- The Hard Truth About How Success Really Works Simple yet so easy to forget. Only those who work their ass off get what they want.
- Forget Fear: How To Turn Rejection Into Success I feel like this explains how 2010 was so bad for me yet 2011 has been so good.
- Change Your Thoughts. Change Your Mind. Change Your Life. Goes really well with the above article.
- The Cognitive Benefits of Chewing Gum - This has convinced me to start chewing gum again.
- 3 Tips For Writing A Killer Twitter Bio To Get Targeted Followers - If you don’t have a good twitter bio I wont follow you.
- The 10 Most Tweeted Moments of All Time - Everything important breaks on twitter, it’s true.
- Freakshow Project - art rarely surprises me anymore, but this did. Super cool.
- After the Tory Witch Hunt Against the CBC, Who Will Be Next? - Really sick of this attack on CBC, and the general abundance of conservative stupidity happening in this country and this city.
- And this video made me cry, a lot.