Hey everyone. Hope your week has been better than mine. I’ve been out almost every night despite having a cold, and the weather has been gloomy and freezing all week, so I’m not as excited for the weekend as I tend to be. The one plus – did any of you in Toronto attend 1st Thursdays at the AGO last night? That was worth suffering through another night out of feeling shitty for. That is what an art experience at a museum should be. Highly, HIGHLY recommend checking out the next one in January, and I’ll have a full review of the night up soon.
Now for your Friday time wasters:
- Toronto 2012, where the concerts never seem to stop This is true. Hence why I’m always out more than I should be – TOO MANY SHOWS! Help me, I have such ridiculous FOMO that I can’t stop myself.
- Fleetwood Mac tour: group will perform new material, hints at new album YES. YES PLEASE. One of my favourite shows of all time was seeing them live.
- 10 musicians who hate their hit So many good songs!
- Jack White addresses Lady Gaga drama Love him, but it is interesting how he pinned it on the other magazines rather than the one he’s on the cover of, even though they also took what he said out of context and essentially started the controversy.
- The 8 most overpaid and underpaid jobs If you were curious, now you know.
- Why Twitter (not Facebook) will win the social brand advertising war Interesting take, and I think he could be right because of FB’s shady moneygrab with pages, but it’ll be a couple years before this happens.
- 10 things 90s kids will have to explain to their children “Though on the surface, they are the exact same thing in every conceivable way, whether you liked The Backstreet Boys or N*SYNC said more about your character than all of the terrible macaroni art you could ever make for your child psychologist. Liking the Backstreet Boys gave you a bit more of a cultured palate, as there was no clear Diana in those Supremes. Nick was kind of the wholesome, if northern-Florida-redneck safe choice. Brian was the shy, sensitive type. AJ was the hottt, dangerous meth addict. Kevin Richardson was mute with sexy, sculpted facial hair. No one liked Howie.” TRUTH! If you liked N’SYNC I definitely thought you were a lesser human being and took it pretty personally, because how could someone like this copycat band that came out YEARS LATER! BSB were the originals, (I mean, if you don’t count NKOTB, which I certainly didn’t when I was a tween).
- What if guys and girls swapped roles at the bar? This video is hilarious.. almost made it my video for this post, but I have something even better!
- Why can’t I own a Canadian? Remember this? Amazing.
- 24 best quotes ever about food For people like me, who watch Top Chef obsessively.
- Your December activity guide If you need some fun ways to pass the month (yes, we will live past December 12th!) Gala has some amazing options.
- GIRLS SEASON 2 TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven’t been this excited for a show to return since… well since Breaking Bad which was just this summer, but I’m even more excited for this. Lena Dunham should be my best friend. One day I will make that happen.