Hello friends! New Years Eve is tomorrow, and if you want to avoid the typical godawful New Years party as described above, I suggest hitting up the El Mocambo or Silver Dollar - great bands, no guidos, no dubstep, normal priced drinks (and free Steamwhistle at midnight Elmo), low cover, lots of good rock music – that’s the way to ring in 2012.
Last year I spent my New Years at the Garrison doing exactly what the above mock poster says – spending too much to get into a packed dance club, waiting in long lines to get a drink/use a bathroom, and being unable to talk to any of my friends over the incredibly lame music (it was a ‘best music from every decade’ dance party which sounded cool but the DJ had a terrible idea of what the “best” music was from every decade so it was just embarrassing). I refuse to ever do that ever again.
Whatever you do, don’t be stupid – be safe, stay close to your friends, do not drive (!!!) as the TTC should be open all night for free as per usual so use it – and lets make 2012 the best year yet. We are another year closer to Rob Ford being out of office, that is something to celebrate if you ask me.
- Everyone’s Mixtape This is cool, upload your own mix! Stream others mixes based on themes.
- If You Have Something to Say About Music, #SayWrd Cool music series happening in Toronto.
- Street Views of Famous Album Covers Love this.
- D.I.Y. Industrial Record Cabinet I kind of want to make this for my records, but I am too lazy.
- WATCH: Why Good Entrepreneurs Borrow, Great Ones Steal A must watch.
- 6 Easy Twitter Hacks for Schmoozing Journalists It’s really not all that hard to get on someones radar if you put in this kind of effort.
- 10 Insanely Inspirational Manifestos This is my favorite link of all the links. So much greatness here.
- How To Prevent Seasonal Mood Disorder Winter is here – every time I look outside my window I see gray and it makes the SAD kick in pretty heavy, so these are good tips. I’m probably going to invest in the lamp. I fucking loathe winter with every fiber of my being, but at least December was mild so we only have 2.5 months of brutal shit to endure. Toronto feels like the north pole outside today. Boo.
- Exclusive Interview with Facebook Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, CEO/Co-Founder and Sheryl Sandberg, COO This is great, they both provide a lot of insight into the direction the tech/social media world is headed and the skills we should be learning now.
- People Who Didn’t Get What They Wanted For Christmas Rarely can I say I actually feel hate towards people, but all of these people are worthy of that word. My god, how vile to be that spoiled and selfish.
- And finally, if you do any online shopping (It’s the only way to shop if you ask me) you will love this video: